The role of the Security Department at Quinte Mall is to ensure every visitor has a safe and enjoyable shopping experience.
By patrolling and monitoring all areas of the Shopping Centre, the Quinte Mall Security Team makes certain that all visitors abide by the Centre’s rules and regulations and conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to a safe and secure environment. Quinte Mall Security enforces the Ontario Private Property Act and municipal bylaws.
Quinte Mall Security maintains a high profile uniformed staff who oversee all aspects of safety and security in the Shopping Centre as well as the exterior parking lots.
The Security Department patrols the Shopping Centre 24 hours a day, 365 days a year while providing an increased presence during the busier times of the week and year. The Quinte Mall Security Office is located near Guest Services. Security can also be contacted by calling (613) 921-0771.
The Security Team is available to assist mall patrons and tenants in many ways, including but not limited to:
• Assisting patrons with location of vehicles and battery boosts.
• Our Security team are trained in CPR, First Aid and use of on-site defibrillators.
• Locating lost persons.
• Operating a lost and found property program for items found at Quinte Mall.
• Ensuring personal safety through escorts and regular uniformed patrols.
Quinte Mall maintains an advanced closed circuit camera system which observes the interior and exterior of the mall. Calls for assistance are dispatched to the appropriate Security team member who are trained to deal with any situations that may arise. Our Security personnel act as an important link with the Belleville Police Service and other emergency services that may be required at Quinte Mall.
FIRST AID, CPR AED & OXYGEN
In order to further protect visitors to Quinte Mall, Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s) are on site. All members of Security, as well as Administration and Operations staff are trained in the use of these life-saving cardiac devices. All Security and Operations personnel are also trained in first aid and CPR.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Quinte Mall strives to provide our shoppers with a safe and comfortable shopping environment for your enjoyment we ask that you take a moment to become familiar with our Code of Conduct Policy
Hoverboards (self-propelled motorized objects) are NOT to be used in the Shopping Centre.
LOST & FOUND
Did you lose an item while visiting the Shopping Centre?
Call our Guest Services to enquire at (613) 968-3571
Security Officer, Part-time
Tasks & Responsibilities include:
• Perform security patrols of the Shopping Centre – interior and exterior;
• Monitor all areas and control access by non-authorized persons (i.e. Roof access, back corridors, after-hours access, etc.);
• Maintain communications at all times with other security officers, management, customer service and maintenance personnel;
• Respond immediately to requests for assistance from Management, customers, tenants and employees;
• Respond immediately to any emergencies and co-ordinate activities in accordance with established procedures;
• Ensure maximum customer, tenant and employee safety at all times;
• Be courteous, tactful and helpful, but firm in enforcement of Shopping Centre policies and procedures;
• Document all activities and notable occurrences during each shift;
• Thoroughly investigate and document all incidents and occurrences involving customers, tenants and employees or related property;
• Maintain highest standard of security and professionalism at all times in attitude, appearance, application and deportment;
• Maintain and operate the Shopping Centre computerized equipment’s, and mechanical equipment;
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required:
Preferred candidates will possess:
• College diploma in Law Enforcement and/or Security Administration;
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in retail environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Familiar with applicable Health & Safety Legislation (i.e. WHMIS, Occupational Health & Safety;
• Be self-motivated, diplomatic and confident to deal with tenants, contractors and the public;
• Highly organized and able to prioritize workload;
• Possess a valid Ontario Drivers’ License;
• Must be able to provide a Clear Criminal Background Certificate;
• Certified in First Aid, CPR AED & Oxygen Administration;
• Able to work in a ‘Team’ environment.
• Possess a valid Ontario Security License;
SECURITY TEAM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS
Applicants seeking employment within the Quinte Mall Security Department must meet the following minimum requirements:
Be of good moral character with no criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Provide proof of a minimum of grade 12 education. A diploma from a community college in Law & Security or Police Foundations, or similar educational undertaking would be an asset.
Provide proof of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Provide proof of current First Aid and C.P.R. certificates.
A valid Security License from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
Resumes along with a cover letter outlining your professional skills can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (613) 968-9495.
Quinte Mall Security Department is proud to partner with our local schools to allow students the opportunity to work alongside security personnel. During their tenure, students will gain practical work experience in areas that complement your personal strengths, interests and educational needs. Thrive as a responsible team member in the “real world” to equip a student with valuable life transferable skills when they enter the next stage of their lives.